Colorado Interactive, a subsidiary of NIC INC., the nation’s leading provider of eGovernment services (NASDAQ:EGOV), is seeking a Production Support Developer to assist with incident/problem resolution and deployment related tasks for web applications and service integrations at their office in downtown Denver.
- Assist with production issue resolution by monitoring, reviewing and analyzing incident and problem cases.
- Collaborate with members of the development, operations and project management teams to diagnose issues and improve processes.
- Create standard operating procedures to assist with handling common fulfillment requests.
- Utilize and improve existing support procedure documentation for applications and develop new support procedures when necessary.
- Contribute to internal projects to improve collaboration, visibility and increase efficiencies between departments.
- Assist with creation and review of production requests for deployments.
- Attend and provide input at change advisory board (CAB) and table top deployment preparation meetings.
- Assist with production deployment planning, documentation and artifact creation.
- Implement updates to address minor bugs and recurring problems.
- Assist customers with integrations into Colorado Interactive services.
- Work with customers and external vendors to address issues when necessary.
- Employee should have 1-3 years of experience with supporting or implementing web applications/
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- ITIL certification
- Ability to consult with and merge knowledge from multiple departments, including management, development, design, operations and project management.
- Ability to rapidly switch between multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational skill, especially pertaining to documentation organization.
- Solid understanding of an object-oriented programming language, such as Java or C#
- Solid understanding of databases, including the ability to construct complex SQL queries, creation and modification tables, understanding of constraints and a basic understanding of query optimization (preferably in oracle).
- Understanding of web application security principles
- Ability to work comfortably in a *nix environment and solid command line skills
- Version control experience with Git
- Experience with a CRM tool
- Experience with an issue/task tracking tool.
- Diagramming tool such as Visio
- Ability to create and modify shell scripts
- Knowledge of Perl or Python
- Experience building E-Commerce applications.
- Atlassian software, primary JIRA and Confluence
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement