The Aerospace Business Unit is responsible for Aerospace applications with a global responsibility for Sales, Manufacturing, Business development, Product and Process Development. The Business Unit operates in a large number of countries and markets, all over the world and with a customer portfolio that includes all major players in the Aerospace industry. Our business is fully customer focused, with products specifically designed for an engine / airframe application and then produced in small quantities and small lots on highly flexible equipment. Extreme product range fragmentation, complex product design, very high quality standards and traceability requirements are the peculiarity of our Business Unit. In Hanover, PA we produce Rings and Seals for the Aerospace and Industrial markets.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading production activities on the production floor.
- Independently analyzes product and equipment specifications and performance Day-to-day meeting of the production goals while maintaining both Quality and Safety standards.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager for resource analysis and capacity planning.
- Plan and assign work according to changing priorities.
- Motivate machine operators to accomplish production goals.
- Initiate SKF Production System to improve product flow.
- Train, mentor and supervise the machine operators for continued improvement of skills and development of human capital.
- Perform defect root cause analysis and mitigation.
- Perform product margin analyses.
- Perform departmental administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering, technical or business major or equivalent work experience.
- 5 Years Supervisory experience in an Aerospace manufacturing setting preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing very tight tolerance parts.
- Experience working with exotic materials.
- 5 Years minimum experience with advanced manufacturing techniques and manufacturing methods.
- Experience in implementing and applying Lean manufacturing techniques in an Aerospace manufacturing setting. Formal Lean training a plus.
- Proven ability to manage people and multiple production projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, meeting production goals within time and budgetary constraints.
- Experience in developing human capital through selection, teaching, training & mentoring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate at all levels within the organization, both written & verbally.
- Experience working in a union shop preferred
- Honesty and strong work ethic.
- Flexible, problem-solving, positive mind-set.
- A passion for the work.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required