Phononic is revolutionizing cooling and heating with solid-state thermal management solutions. Named to CNBC's 2016 Disruptor 50 list for our innovation within the cooling and heating industry, we provide solid-state semiconductor technology that can be applied to everything from refrigeration to fiber optics, removing the barriers of traditional approaches and ushering in a new era of cooling and heating. The result is a solution to this age-old challenge that is smart, sustainable and solid state.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
In a fast paced production environment, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. They must be competent and comprehend complex operations. The Production Supervisor role is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner. His/her contribution is to guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees, organizing workflows and able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs. The expected schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 5pm through 1am with the potential to move to 12 hour shifts 7pm through 7am. Weekends and overtime may be required as needed.
- Maintain a safe working environment for the team.
- Continuously strive to increase productivity all while maintaining world class quality.
- Monitor team and individual performance. Maximize productivity, equipment utilization and overall efficiency to achieve on time quality products to our customers.
- Effectively communicate across all levels of organization as needed.
- Schedule adequate personnel to support the objectives of the production plan.
- Maintain leadership presence on the floor by spending 85% of time on the shop floor.
- Help support and establish Visual Management, 5S/6S, Kanban, and other Lean initiatives on the production floor.
- Establish and communicate production priorities.
- Execute to production plans and internal goals.
- Initiate, encourage, and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop and execute to cross-training plans for personnel development.
- Provide staff with constructive and timely feedback.
- Enforce company policies and procedures
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5year’s manufacturing experience in a leadership role, or equivalent manufacturing experience as a front line supervisor (minimum 7years) or relevant military experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels of an organization
- Data oriented – excels at problem solving and making decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment and contribute in a cross-functional and collaborative teams
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Able to work in a Class 1,000/10,000 clean room environment, gowned in clean room attire during a 12-hour night shift schedule (7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.).
- Experience in Lean Initiatives (Toyota Production System methodology).
- Self-motivated with results driven approach
- Ability to manage small projects
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Strong analytical problem solving ability
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Lean Manufacturing hands on experience
- Unquestioned integrity and work eithic
Phononic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.