Immediate opening. Any interest in an immediate interview?
Are you ready for your next career challenge? Would you like to work for a growing and innovative manufacturing company in the US where you can grow your career in a vibrant, dynamic environment that encourages employees to never stop learning? If your answer is yes, and you are ready for a new opportunity, then consider this as your solution.
We have been retained by a growing and innovative manufacturing company to find the best and brightest Production Supervisor – 3rd shift in the Minneapolis, MN area to team with their award winning Mechanical/Electrical Engineering team. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Production Supervisor – 3rd shift
- High school graduate or equivalent, Bachelor's degreepreferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years as a production supervisor or five (5) years as a lead operator in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding required.
- Experience in continuous process industry.
- Manufacturing experience is critical, preferably web process, similar to paper/pulp industry.
Production Supervisor – 3rd shift Summary
The position supervises a production crew which includes process and packaging personnel. Supervision may also include maintenance and quality resources assigned to the shift. Scope of supervision extends to production and housekeeping duties. The successful candidate should have demonstrated leadership and communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) and will be responsible for safety, quality, and productivity through direct leadership and coordination of production operators in a highly involved work place.
- Provide a safe work place through adherence to company safety policy, housekeeping and defined standards of training. Lead production crew safety meetings. Monitor compliance to safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections of plant areas, and ensure deficiencies found are resolved and appropriately communicated. Ensure production crew is well-trained, involved, and committed to meeting safety, quality, and production requirements.
- Maintain an excellent level of product quality. Work with production operators to identify and reduce controllable quality issues. Monitor key operating parameters to ensure the product adheres to specifications. Provide feedback to production crew on all quality matters.
- Drive productivity and foster continuous improvement through sound management practices including communication of goals, training of operators, operating machines within established process specifications, and identification and resolution of production related issues. Maximize efficiencies, achieve targeted raw material usages, and minimize yield losses. Troubleshoot and quickly resolve production method or machinery issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to the production crew on a daily basis. Ensure production operators receive appropriate coaching and training. Support communication throughout plant.
- Complete all required administrative duties accurately and in a timely manner. Provide effective employee feedback using the performance evaluation process. Maintain accurate timekeeping for production employees.
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled in problem identification and resolution.
- Planning and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Results oriented, high energy, credible, honest, self-motivated person.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and listening.
- Coaching skills include: demonstrating procedures, leading by example and persuading others.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Must be able to climb ladders and stairs..
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Ability to operate production machinery and business machines such as computers.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.