The Production Supervisor organizes and directs the activities of production personnel and is responsible to provide quality finished goods to customers while ensuring optimum utilization of assigned materials, capital, and human resources to achieve division objectives.
- Supervise non-exempt Operational/Production employees.
- Provide daily counsel to Production Specialists and Operators to ensure maximum schedule attainment.
- Support daily performance through effective data collection, analysis, and problem resolution.
- Lead and/or participate in Continuous Improvement projects along with actively promoting and implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Provide regular feedback to employees.
- Develop and maintain a positive employee relations climate through effective communication and sound management practices in order to preserve the non-union environment of the facility.
- Ability to provide trouble shooting direction on processes and equipment discrepancies on the production floor.
- Operate a forklift.
- Stand (up to 100% of the time), bend 90 degrees (up to 90% of the time), walk (up to 75% of the time), push/pull (up to 75% of the time), lift (up to 50% of the time), and climb stairs (up to 25% of the time).
- Five years of chemical plant experience with increasing responsibility.
- Five years management experience at or above the first level of supervision in manufacturing.
- Leadership experience and/or successful completion of a leadership program.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or a related technical field if less than five years of experience
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or a related technical field