As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise. KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands – Household Division Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. . In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded products.
The Production Compounding Supervisor is responsible for providing daily supervision and communication with the batching & processing teams to maximize productivity, minimize cost while maintaining quality.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direction/communication to Batching and processing team regarding safety, quality control, Compliance, housekeeping and production in the processing areas.
- Provide direction/communication to Batching and processing team for proper disposal of waste material handling and disposal in the processing areas.
- Provide support and direction to site permitting.
- Provide assistance in testing of samples for physical and chemical properties for adherence to Quality specifications including raw materials and finished products.
- Provide assistance in the generating and shipping of samples for outside analytical testing.
- Generate work orders or supply requests for the Batching and Processing areas.
- Provide direction and communication to maintenance in the Batching and Processing areas
- Assist in internal investigations, root cause analysis, projects, and corrective actions and Continuous Improvement as needed.
- Directs involvement with improving operating efficiencies, reducing costs, identifying unfavorable trends and taking timely corrective actions.
- 5+ Experience with liquid batching and bleach processing/chemical systems and supervisor roles.
- Experience with following detailed instructions
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written, math skills in addition to advanced computer skills (Word/Excel).
- Ability to work safely, carefully and follow strict guidelines.
- Demonstrated Mechanical knowledge of liquid processes, tools and minor processing repairs.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders
- Using hands and arms together to move various items
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in an Industrial Environment/smells etc.