- Plan, schedule and coordinate departmental activities to achieve production requirements; provide advance notice to supervision of any potential slippages.
- Ensure necessary material, machinery and/or personnel are available when needed.
- Monitor production process to ensure work orders are followed properly, takt time is being achieved and required paperwork is completed appropriately. Identify quality issues in production process; assist in the development and implementation of resolution.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with and between functional groups/management to address problems and obtain resolution.
- Maintain properly cross-trained staff to support production needs in accordance with company policy and federal/state regulations. Control costs by scheduling appropriate use of manpower through the balancing of production needs with overtime requirements.
- Maintain high standard of performance expectations from employees through appropriate evaluations and training such that the assigned functions demonstrate continuous improvement and compliance to standards. Conduct regular meetings to inform employees of general activities, company and corporate related actions.
- Lead and/or participate in process improvement efforts to address or enhance program quality, cost and scheduling.
- Must be cleared as Employee Possessor by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as required by the Safe Explosives Act.
- Thorough knowledge of a specialized field such as production of mechanical and electronic assemblies.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing methods, techniques and processes and ability to read/interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Requires ability to use personal computer and various shop floor control, production planning and inventory control applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is required.
- Five to seven years of manufacaturing and supervisory experience is needed.
Requisition # 7459