5 - 7 years experience •
Coordination of the cell assembly process to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals in cabinet assembly.
- Provides feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding expectations defined.
- Ensure the maintenance of all assembly and milling equipment.
- Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers expectations.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process.
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivate team members, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, and CITE principles.
- Ensure policies are followed and provide guidance and discipline.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance toachieve SQDC goals.
- Establish individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organizational goals and perform periodic performance reviews todetermine progress.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Role model for CITE and Working in Teams principles.
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor.
Will supervise hourly employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Cell assembly process -- 2 cells
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience; wood related preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervision experience; multiple departments.
- Must have experience in material flows and inventory management; continuous improvement practices and process analysis.
- Six Sigma training is a plus.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel.
- Track record of successful project management.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively withcustomers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required tostand and walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate tohigh and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.