Swedish-based national Foodservice manufacturer and supplier, recognized as a leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions, is searching for a new Production (and Sanitation) Supervisor - 3rd Shift, to join it's rapidly growing New Jersey-based team!
Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our people and focus extensively on strong engagement of our workforce and enabling our customers to meet their goals while operating in a very safe, sustainable and ethical fashion.
We encourage and challenge each other by providing a very open and transparent working environment and by being accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhanced trust within our team.
How you will contribute:
Reporting into the Production Manager, you will be directly responsible for overseeing production operations on the 3rd shift and will supervise a team of 20-25 hourly team members. You will also oversee the Production Team in directing work activities to maintain the cleanliness of the physical plant and equipment, including the building structure and process equipment, within cleaning time deadlines.
You will also lead Sanitation and interact with, Warehouse, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, and Operations teams to ensure the production of products meeting quality standards in a timely fashion with a primary objective of safety and following established GMP, Safety, Regulatory and company procedures and policies.
What you will be doing:
- Supervising third shift production team members to attain safety, quality, GMP, and production objectives.
- Supervising multiple production teams. Appropriately assigning duties to team members on the shift.
- Interpreting company policies to team members and enforcing safety and sanitation regulations via company SSOPs, fairly and consistently.
- Serving as a role model for team members in terms of work ethic, professional image, and conduct in full compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Executing production schedule for the shift.
- Monitoring production performance to plan rates. Issuing production jobs to the production teams and lines. Verifying material issued and returned from each production job.
- Ensuring all paperwork is collected, completed, and submitted for production job closing.
- Estimating, requisitioning and inspecting materials or supplies as required.
- Supervising the sanitation function of the process and packaging operation. Coordinating the daily sanitation tasks. Partnering with quality technicians to insure sanitation is complete and lines are ready for use. Documenting task completion in sanitation master log.
- Trouble-shooting and performing root-cause analysis for process or equipment problems in order to minimize production line downtime.
- Communicating with day-shift Production Supervisors, Production Scheduler, Maintenance and Inventory Control team members as to follow-up actions required, coming onto the shift, and actions requiring attention after third shift completion.
- Utilizing company systems to report production issues and maintenance work order requests.
- Training and certified to use cleaning chemicals according to guidelines and in a safe manner.
- Training and developing skills of third shift team members.
- Continuously assessing and adjusting strategies, systems, procedures, performance, capabilities, equipment, facilities, and people to enhance safety, production, service, quality, and profitability. Ensuring all team members follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) to support production of the highest quality product.
- Effectively managing overall direction, coordination, development, and motivation of direct reports.
- Performing work and supervising in accordance with all policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training team members, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising, rewarding & correcting performance and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Inspecting work areas to determine type of work required and materials.
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
What you bring:
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing company.
- High-school degree or equivalent; certificate from college or technical school preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, standard operating procedures and product specifications.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is preferred (English, Spanish).
- Working knowledge of GMP and HACCP.
- Sanitation knowledge in the area of policy, programs, and systems. Basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Physical ability to regularly stand, sit, walk, go up & down stairs, use hands and fingers, kneel, crouch, talk, and listen. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft Word and Outlook. Report queries and closing working orders in an ERP system.
- Legal authorization to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
Interested? Connect with me soon!