The Supervisor –(MUST BE ABLE TO WORK SATURDAY AND SUNDAY) Prior Authorization is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a team of prior authorization associates in a call center. Plans and directs work flow and project assignments. Oversees prior authorization call volume and workload to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training and evaluation of staff. Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with management to develop policies, procedure and the business work plan for the team. Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
- Manage team of prior authorization associates.
- Works to develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback and oversees resolution of employee relation issues.
- Provide on-going coaching to each prior authorization associate on their team concerning quality, reliability, accountability and productivity.
- Ensure service levels and performance guarantees are met.
- Work with Management to implement strategic business work plan goals.
- Tracks and periodically reports progress to management.
- Assist in development of programs and process improvement to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided.
- Promote a team oriented environment.
- Serve as a point of escalation for calls requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve customer, provider or member issue and ensure timely resolution.
- May take overflow calls.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 6-8years relevant experience.
- Previous call center experience and supervisory experiencepreferred.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to effectively develop and assist team members. Experience training and coaching less experienced staff – patience to explain details and processes repeatedly.
- Excellent phone oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Technical expertise of ESI’s call center systems and platforms very helpful.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak call times.
- Knowledge of ESI products/services.
- Knowledge of PBM industry/Managed care industry preferred.
- Must be available to work every Saturday and Sunday.