11 - 15 years experience •
Job Number : 84848
Division : Engineering
Plans, supervises and coordinates track rehabilitation, inspection, maintenance and repair activities. Specializes in Rail Gang and Tie gang production work.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities And Duties:
* Plans, monitors and coordinates production activities ensuring safe, cost effective, and high quality performance.
* Manages and implements production schedules, field reports, de-stressing, production reports, track disturbance reports, track systems and equipment to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
* Assists in the initiation and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures associated with track and structures maintenance and inspection.
* Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of production crews, including adherence to work plans and budgets, performance, quality and safety, to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
* Investigates and diagnoses production means and methods, problems, and critical safety issues, and renders corrective actions in a timely manner.
* Recommends improvement in work methods and techniques to correct production deficiencies.
* Assigns, directs, and supervises work performed by track workers in accordance with work plans and established priorities.
* Makes recommendations regarding the establishment of policies and procedures for programs affecting safety and operational effectiveness.
* Enforces company policy and local, state and federally mandated regulations.
* Conducts safety audits and safety meetings.
* General/Other Responsibilities and Duties*
* Ensures safe and economical use of labor, materials, and equipment.
* Provides technical support to track workers.
* Prepares and presents verbal and written reports and recommendations to project team.
* Trains and supervises staff.
* A minimum of 10 years of track construction, maintenance and repair.
* Production Tie Gang management Experience.
* Production Rail Gang management Experience.
* Knowledge of the methods and procedures required to carry out large scale track rehabilitation, structures maintenance, and to monitor system-wide inspections.
* Knowledge of rail rules, regulations, and procedures and regulatory agency guidelines.
* Ability to diagnose and correct difficult construction, maintenance and safety problems.
* Ability to evaluate and recommend new procedures to upgrade and refine existing programs.
* Experience supervising staff and the ability to clearly communicate instructions to staff.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
* Works outdoors at construction sites.
* Position requires constant travel across continental U.S.
* Works around moving machines, vehicles, and equipment.
* Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
* May lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
* May climb poles, ladders and large structures.
* Occasionally works at heights of 20 feet or more above the ground.
* May occasionally work in confined spaces.
* Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
* Exposed to loud noise