Less than 5 years experience • Agriculture
Albert City, IA
Under direction of the Location Leader, responsible for overseeing receiving and/or preparing various products for delivery, warehouse and control functions, and the more complex operations of the facility by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to our client's Safety Policy.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Listen to and resolve the more complicated/complex customer complaints and concerns and assist employees in resolving customer complaints or requests.Be familiar with company products and services and able to refer customers to appropriate personnel or recommend additional products and services.May consult with customers on their product quality/standards and applications needed in their operation.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Schedule the day-to-day work loads and assigns various job responsibilities.
- Meet with other supervisors, locations leaders and team leaders to determine various staffing needs and to review production schedules and deadlines.
- Train people to ensure location meets various government standards such as OSHA and FDA by conducting employee meetings to inform and educate.
- Implement company policies and procedures and develop procedures for location to meet company guidelines.
- Prepare weekly inventoryreports for various departments and team leaders on supplies, quality, and age of inventory.
- May set and maintain the day-to-day work schedule of loading and dumping vehicles. Servicing rolling stock and mixing and distribution of dry and liquid fertilizer and chemicals.
- Receive products, unloading from wagon/truck/semi, pull appropriate samples, accurately grade and weigh products and record results.
- Maintain charts indicating location and contents of storage tanks and handle fertilizer inventory.
- Operate hand and/or motorized forklift.
- May occasionally deliver or spread fertilizer in season, fill anhydrous tanks, and drive semi-trucks.
- May serve as floater operator, perform basic maintenance on floaters and sprayers, as well as the fertilizer and machine sheds.
- Operating fertilizer plants and mix chemicals for application.
- Prepare rail cars and load cars according to specifications and enters cars and weight into the PC. May drive locomotive and unload fertilizer cars.
- Assist in actual production work wherever needed.
- Fill customer fertilizer orders according to the order form, run sample to ensure compliance with the customer order and compliance with Federal regulations, load vehicle with appropriate product and help maintain inventory records.
- Perform general housekeeping--sweep and clean--warehouse and mill to maintain appropriate dust levels and maintain Ag Partners' image.
- Perform general repairs at facility such as patching small holes in spouts or fixing small bearings.
- Make recommendations on ways to be more efficient in production and use of equipment.
Qualifications of the Production Supervisor
- High school diploma or general educationdegree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required to obtain Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsement and Commercial Applicator License
Compensation for the Production Supervisor
- Salary for the Production Supervisor $60,000 - $69,999
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available? Yes, nationwide
Are you open to sponsorship? No
Are there flexible work hours? Yes
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
This position is: New Position
Is there a bonus structure?2%
Is there equity? No
Does this position have direct reports? Yes
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
more grain agronomy supervisory exp, blending grain, receiving grain, loading grain, agronomy work with applicators spraying the fields. running applicators