Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads Shift Leaders and Process Operators in designated areas of the plant and Shipping process areas, and indirectly manages Shipping department group.
- Recommend equipment and process modifications to improve efficiencies.
- Identify, advise, and communicate with the Lead Shipper to resolve potential problems that may affect plant capacity, safety, and/or efficiency.
- Maintain active involvement in safety program, ensure safe work operation and good housekeeping, and assist in safety training of personnel.
- Applies strong Technical support by analyzing, reviewing and recommending changes to processes to improve Operational and Shipping units’ performance, productivity, and profitability while focusing on continuous improvement.
- Manages the direct interaction with Maintenance, HES and other departments for optimum coordination.
- Support full compliance of all safety related regulatory requirements including: OSHA, PSM, RMP and Company Policies and programs. Ensure timely implementation of incident investigations, technical review, and recommended action items.
- Maximize operational efficiency by working in a team environment with Process and Production engineers, that units are operated at optimal conditions.
- Communicates, guides and leads the Maintenance/Safety Coordinator to ensure that quality and correctly prioritized work has been completed and the equipment has been turned back over to Operations personnel.
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited University. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 5 years supervisory experience leading a team and/or organization is required. Ability to understand and troubleshoot chemical processing to achieve production goals.
- Demonstrated skill in executing targeted development plans, resource allocation.
- Ability to establish clear performance expectations.
- Organized and flexible to manage changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, verbal – including presentation skills).
- Strong leadership skills - ability to coach, train, lead and mentor others.