n a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Superintendent at our Chemical Plant located in Niagara Falls, NY.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Prepare and administer programs, methods, systems, and practices for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency, safety, productivity, and reliability.
- Manage the capital budget, interface with the project engineering department as necessary to recommend, prioritize, design, and install new processes and equipment as required to meet the long term vision.
- Manage the overall production plan for shutdowns. Develop (with process supervisors’ input) detailed shutdown, decontamination, and start-up plans for major plant shutdowns. Provide technical assistance to the Process supervisor during planning for minor equipment/process shutdowns.
- Provide direction on key parameters, maintenance priorities, plant operating instructions, capital planning and spending, fixed and variable cost goals, and safety issues.
- Develop annual operating budget and control cost within budgeted limits, identify fixed cost reduction opportunities, prepare fixed cost analysis and report on fixed cost performance monthly.
- Ensure consistency of operation, application of policies/procedures, and accountability across all shifts and among individuals.
- Partner with plant management to establish equipment outage dates to allow efficient use of resources to perform outage work with external suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply and with customers to minimize impact of planned and unplanned outages.
- Partner with the maintenance department to identify, prioritize and schedule routine, capital and T/A maintenance work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical) with a minimum of five years plant process experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.