Job Description Summary
Responsible for day-to-day manufacturing activities to meet production requirements in a safe, cost-effective, and environmentallyresponsiblemanner.
1. Promotes a world class safety culture through behavior based observation program and hands on approach to coaching and incident investigation.
2. Raise housekeeping and safety awareness by developing and implementing housekeeping standards for all areas and making regular safety and housekeepinginspections.
3. Responsible for developing overall training plan for hourly work force and insuring that certification/qualification of all operators are current.
4. Develop Shift Supervisors to provide consistent and timely supervision for all hourly production personnel including application of plant rules and policies and conducting annual performance reviews.
5. Develop, track and report monthly on shift and overall production KPI performance.
6. Develop process knowledge to allow for being an agent of change, leading organization toward the implementation of changes that improve cycle times, shorten down time and improve usage/yields.
7. Responsible for providing leadership in implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and insuring compliance with guidelines for ISO 9002 and RC 140001.
8. Responsible for insuring production corrective action item follow-up and closure is completed in a timely manner. Zero past due items.
9. Responsible for insuring all initial incident investigations are completed and documented by the shift supervisor before leaving at the end of the shift. Also that the investigation is turned over to the appropriate next person.
10. Responsible for reviewing daily shift performance versus the plan with each supervisor in order to identify variances and drive corrective actions.
11. Responsible for working with production engineers and process supervisors to anticipate problems and lead effort in planning techniques and strategies to minimize potential problems.
12. Responsible for reviewing maintenance backlog and working with maintenance to prioritize the work list.
13. Responsible that all logs and PI sheets are accurately completed before the end of each shift.
14. Accountable for addressing cross-shift issues including shift coverage, vacation scheduling, overtime assignments and training. Ensuring that each is done consistently across all shifts.
15. Accountable that all processes have adequate Level 3 to 5 training materials and that shift supervisors are executing training plan in a timely manner.
16. Accountable that all operating procedures are available, current and in the Document Control system.
17. Accountable for insuring process hazard analysis (PHA) reviews and MOC’s are scheduled and completed, with all appropriate documentation before changes are implemented.
18. Accountable for insuring all proper records are maintained for regulatory, cGMP and ISO compliance.
Education: BS degree in a technical field- Chemical EngineeringPreferred
Work Experience: Requires 5+ years of related chemical manufacturing experience. Requires at least one year of supervisory experience.