Responsible for the safe and efficient day-to-day an assigned Crush, Refinery or Packaging production operations department. Support the Mgr-Production Operations in monitoring and improving plant productivity.
• Cultivate a safety culture where unsafe acts are not tolerated and employees and management have a common goal of zero injuries.
• Oversee assigned department production activities (crush, refinery, packaging, boiler house, and/or elevator) to ensure operations are running at the highest levels of efficiency.
• Ensure assigned department is compliant with sanitation requirements and provides support in the monthly sanitation inspections and implementation of any corrective actions as necessary.
• Track and report department productivity improvements
• Approve daily reports and KPRs for the assigned department.
• Report and trouble shoot operations issues.
• Provide input to the Mgr-Production Operations and/or Plant Manager to plan annual shutdowns
• Support Process Safety Management programs
• Work with the Safety/Environmental Manager to ensure compliance of assigned department in all aspects
• Help develop and drive Operations Excellence Plans to meet safety, quality and production goals and show continuous improvement in assigned department.
• Support the continuous improvement activities and act as a change agent for any changes that occur in the assigned department.
• Monitor KPR’s and help develop plans to bring assigned department in line with Operations Excellence goals.
• Participate in daily production meetings to remain informed and ensure that the assigned department operations activities are aligned.
• Participate in new employee selection process
• Participate in personnel investigations and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
• Demonstrate the following core values and guiding behaviors which are expected of all employees at Bunge North America: Integrity, Openness and Trust, Teamwork, Citizenship, and Entrepreneurship.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
• 7+ years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and years of experience) in soybean crushing, oil refining, oil packaging operations, or related and applicable activities
• High School graduate or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field is preferred
• Proficiency with basic computer skills, including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word and other technical software packages, as needed
• Ability to work odd hours, weekends and rotating shift schedule required
Work Schedule: Standard (On-call 24/7 as needed) or occassionally working a 12-hour rotating shift (48 hour week/36 hour week)