Under broad direction, responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of a focus factory or Mfg Facility by continuous review and refinement of processes.
- Analyzes and provides direction for manufacturability of new products for process improvement or development.
- Assists Technology in the design review process of new products and analyzes complex engineering prints of items to be manufactured or sourced to include prototype designs.
- Coordinates improvement initiatives within assigned areas and develops stretch proposals and measurements for performance improvement per established metrics, and monitors process performance.
- Reviews products, upgrades shop processes, and evaluates effectiveness of changes while managing improvement projects.
- Establishes standards and best practices for process development.
- Utilizes software packages used in the manufacturing process such as SAP, MATRIX, Factory Planner, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Vets the purchase of capital equipment and the establishing of new work center processes for these purchases.
- May assist in training and mentoring lower level analysts as required.
Key Prototype Manufacturing Responsibilities
- Design Review for Manufacturability
- Check Final Drawings for Dimensional Callout and Details
- Start Project in Prototype Tracker and Add All Components
- Assemble Part Files for Send Out
- Send Out for Multiple Quotes
- Create Purchase Requisitions for Parts to be Bought
- Monitor Progress of Project and Update as Needed
- Receive All Parts in and Have Them Inspected
- Have Parts Delivered to Appropriate Lab
- Have All MTRs and Trace Documents Scanned into System
- Skills are acquired through a minimum of 6 years working as a, Mfg Eng, Methods Analyst, NC Programming specialist, Project Manager, or 6 years of related experience in a similar industry.
Requisition Number: 71372