Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv – a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Aptiv, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we’re more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We’re dedicated to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
The Global Production Software Chief Engineer for Autonomous Drive Services will be responsible for supervising and leading all aspects in the development and execution of the production customer application software. This leader will work in tight conjunction with the Advanced Software (Core) development team, as well as the regional based application teams to provide production software solution that meet the automotive quality standard set forward. This manager position will be responsible for the following:
- Establish and lead a global organization to support production software for customer releases and commitments (workflow, resources, deliveries, validation, processes)
- Lead the industrialization of the existing advanced software (code standards, automotive quality standards , etc)
- Champion the integration of the Agile process into the business unit
- Lead integration of Cyber Security and Functional Safety into production software set and process
- Global coordination and alignment between Advanced Development and Production Development projects
- Manage the production software engineeringbudget for the business unit
- Manages all aspects of software subcontractor selection and evaluation for customer application production software support
- Drives engineering excellence throughout the organization; identify engineering quality/efficiency improvement opportunities and drive improvements to engineering standard work through their EGMs or the Competencies.
BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Software required, MSpreferred
Minimum 10 years of automotive embedded software work experiencerequired
Minimum of 5years of experience managing a team of 15 or more required
Excellent Communications Skills (both oral and written)
Proficient in Code (C++) production and evaluation
Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (on short notice)
Strong project management skills
Working knowledge of software quality assurance : SPICE or ASPICE
Strong understanding of Configuration Management processes and systems
Experience in building a strong team with proper talent (effective hiring)