Customized Recruiting Solutions is actively recruiting for a FINITE PRODUCTION SCHEDULER for our Oil & Gas Manufacturing client located in NW Houston.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- This unique Scheduler position requires experience performing FINITE SCHEDULING (minute-by-minute) throughout the entire manufacturing process. This experience is a non-negotiable!
- Requires analytical ability to understand why a schedule is working or why it is not working.
- Requires exceptional communication and persuasive skills to interact with engineering, sales, production, quality, and other staff in order to communicate why the schedule is working or not working.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring the production schedule in the ERP system to ensure 100% on-time order fulfillment
- Prioritizes and updates the production schedule to meet specific order requirements, and to communicate updates to applicable personnel
- Uses effective communication and in-depth analysis of material and scheduling issues in order to drive effective continuous improvements
- Resolves issues by applying root cause analysis methodology and assigning countermeasures
- Plan and manage production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery of all orders
- Implement inventory planning strategies that meet the service level
- Analyze sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements
- Interface with all value chain functions such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Customer Service, and Engineering on material status, production planning, and scheduling issues
- Review Material Availability Reports daily and take appropriate actions
- Hold production control role in the ECN process
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement through researching and sourcing innovative, cost efficient business solutions
- Participate in annual physical inventory activities
- Participate in cross training (applies5S in area)
- Support participation in Continuous Improvement Program to conform to ISO9001:2008 requirements and compliance
NOTE - This is NOT a Buyer/Purchasing or Buyer/Planner position, nor is it a Project Manager or Master Scheduler position. It is the role of a Scheduler who can management the entirely within the Scheduling Module of an ERP system, spending 60 to 80% of time on the manufacturing/production floor.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING -
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering or other production-related field
- Training in LeanSix Sigma and other continuous improvement initiatives
- APICS certification a PLUS
- Minimum of 5years of experience in production scheduling and planning processes
- Experience working in an ISO9001:2008 environment a PLUS
- Finite Schedulingexperience is a MUST
- Experiencescheduling entirely within the Scheduling Module of an ERP system a MUST
- Proficiency with ERP systems, including all master data and item-specific planning data
- An understanding of how schedulingworks within the entire ERP
- Knowledge in EPICOR highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams and activities
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications
If you meet the above outlined experience and qualifications we want to talk to you! APPLY TODAY!
Customized Recruiting Solutions is a boutique recruiting firm offering a highly customized recruiting experience.
Connecting Exceptional Talent + Great Candidates