Harris Electronic Systems is looking for a Production Program Manager for the Electronic Defense Solutions Business Area. The program manager will be responsible for all planning, directing, controlling and coordinating engineering, procurement, and manufacturing activities for the program or programs assigned as well as for achieving financial objectives.
The key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for high-level relationship management; acts as client liaison.
- Responsible for operational progress and institution of remedial action to effect program completion in accordance with customer criteria.
- Provides direction to operations team for the execution of the program plan.
- Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production, procurement and facilities are available to support the program.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of the overall program plan, including operating schedules, manpower forecasts, milestones, allowable costs and work statements.
- Directs material and subcontracts managers to ensure procurements are completed per program plans.
- Directly interfaces with suppliers to ensure deliveries are completed on schedule and cost; establishes long term relationships and strategies with key suppliers.
- Directs all communications and negotiations with the customer; directs efforts of personnel directly and functionally assigned to the program.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, and the overall management of the client relationship.
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases from inception to completion.
- Directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Involved in defining program parameters or guiding internal research and development efforts in assigned field.
- Works with enterprise lead, chief engineer, and customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities.
- Works to grow the client relationship by identifying new business opportunities.
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact.
- Interacts internally with management and customers on significant business matters.
- Activities will also include the development and management of forecasts.
- Candidate will participate in overall marketing strategies and business planning in support of Harris initiatives and strategic corporate business pursuits.
- As required, the candidate will lead and support planning for and involvement in applicable trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 9+ years of experience (7+ with MSdegree) in Electronics manufacturing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret level security clearance.
- Ability to travel as needed by the customer.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous experience within operations supporting the manufacturing of new electronics products.
- Successful management of significant supplier procurement volumes/values
- Understanding of the customer procurement processes and government funding approval.
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
- Able to provide/reinforce the credibility and commitment of Harris at appropriate executive levels within the customer community.
Job ID: ES20181106-25186