COMPANY: As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
KIK Consumer Brands – Pool Division KIK’s Pool Additives Division (“Pool”) is a leading player in North America and key international markets with a broad brand and product portfolio spanning both the Mass and Specialty Retailer channels. We are well known for our Clorox® Pool&Spa™ products in the North American Mass channel, our BioGuard® brand in the North American, Australian and South Africa Specialty channel, and our Bayrol brand across Europe. Our multi-functional product formulations and innovative water testing innovations allow pool owners to safely and easily enjoy their backyard retreat.
Promote process and facility improvements by analyzing and recommending solutions to process upsets and/or improvements to achieve production, safety and environmental goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Generate, promote and analyze potential changes in the process or operation, which will generate cost savings, production increases, production efficiencies, and energy conservation opportunities.
- Acting independently on decision regarding potential changes in the process or operations.
- Interfaces with Lab or Process Technology on quality problems and SPC programs.
- Determine operating characteristics and capabilities of existing equipment; assist on plant tests and evaluation of results.
- Participate and directs plant problem solving/troubleshooting activities.
- Provides direction and or recommendation on plant testing and evaluation of results to production supervisor / operators.
- Assist in the day-to-day operational decisions which include safety, cost and production while acting as technical advisor to the Area Supervisor to correct operational problems/issues.
- Assist and provides direction in the planning of production to efficiently utilize material, labor and equipment while meeting departmental goals.
- Prepare process flow diagrams, which include material, energy and utility balances, based on existing equipment or recommended processes, and, assist in updating operating and emergency procedure manuals.
- Prepare engineering flow diagrams; coordinate inputs of piping, instrument and electrical engineers and designs to the flow diagrams.
- Assist in the training or operators when new projects are implemented or retraining is required.
- Participate in all aspects of the safety program.
- Coordinate department outages with affected units. This includes notification, planning and coordinating backup plans where needed.
- Coordinate startup and initial operations of capital projects including conducting Pre-Startup Hazard Reviews.
- Assist in budget and monthly current estimate preparation. Review cost sheets and become knowledgeable on identifying and correcting causes for variances.
- Ensure that departmental environmental performance meets existing permit limits and assist in plans to ensure future compliance.
- Required weekend duty for facility and available for calls on the off shifts.
- Knowledge of DCS, PLC, and historian software and hardware by analyzing and recommend improvements in the process or process equipment to the Plant Manager.
- Act as a liaison with other engineering groups.
- BS, Chemical Engineering with minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing, preferably in a Consumer Products setting
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Six Sigma – Black Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing
- Experience with Provox, Delta V, RS View, RS Logic software and hardware, along with Aspen Process book is a plus
- Strong managerial, technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven Leadership and Influencing skills
- Experience in analytical skills and process improvements
- Strong background in PSM environment
A Career with KIK Offers: