$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Manages team focused on various aspects of the planning cycle: Planners, Senior Production Schedulers, and Master Schedulers who work with Sales and New Product Management to develop and manage forecasts for both short and long range material planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity. Manages priority tray flow through the production system, resolving component issues on priority trays, and manages the scheduling of finished goods revisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Leads and develops planning department; develops departmental performance goals and objects to achieve customer demands while enabling accuracy and quality.
2. Oversees the short and long-term master production schedule, schedules all new tray finished goods and forecasting functions maintaining or exceeding acceptable fill rates with distribution partners.
3. Manages finished goods inventory levels to minimize excess finished goods and raw material.
4. Manages processes associated with Device History Records creation and planning and release of work orders to warehouse and production departments.
5. Manages the four week or less On Hand inventory report ensuring our distribution partners maintain adequate finished goods inventory.
6. Manages load leveling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling
7. Assists in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
8. Maximizes short and long-term performance of the Planning Team through strong leadership, effective operational performance and maintaining a motivated workforce.
9. Translates projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
10. Establishes key performance indicators of forecast accuracy and holds team accountable for maintaining acceptable levels of accuracy.
11. Schedules demand based on the product mix and provides accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines.
12. Provides input to finance on operating plans for the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, concerning incoming volume and capacity.
13. Manages the network of interconnected businesses involved in the production of surgical trays.
14. Converts and communicates demand requirements for products and services into detailed plans and schedules for inventory acquisition.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
2. Eight plus years of experience in medical supplies/components and the production of medical trays required; minimum of three years direct supervisory experience
3. APICS Certified and Inventory Management (CPIM) or APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred
4. Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Strong ability to translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule
2. Strong understanding of output of materials requirement planning (MRP), capacity management, and advanced planning system technologies
3. Strong people leader with ability to develop the Planning team and engage them in Owens & Minor Standard Operating Procedures
4. Attends educational workshops/seminars and reviews professional publications quarterly to maintain and increase professional/technical knowledge
5. Understands basic principles of sustainability, including reverse logistics, reworking product lines, and economizing operational costs
6. Understands standard enterprise resource planning (ERP) and supply chain management (SCM) system technologies
7. Excellent interpersonal skills
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. Demonstrated ability to influence teams and programs regarding quality, productivity and/or customer service
10. Demonstrated skills in effective communicating, problem solving, and negotiating with a focus on internal and external customer interest
11. Established ability to anticipate critical events, identify resource requirements and assign responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations
12. Proven ability to communicate demand requirements for products and services into detailed plans and schedules for inventory acquisition
13. Experience facilitating and participating in strategic planning meetings with senior management
14. Encourages the development of skills that increase personal and departmental productivities
Valid Through: 2019-9-16