Production Planning Coordinator
Job City :Carrollton
Job State :Texas
The Production planner’s main responsibility is to ensure that My client’s co-packer locations are manufacturing products needed to fill customer orders complete and on-time.
The Production Planner will utilize historical and forecast demand, live-orders, and on-hand-inventory to create Production Forecasts and Plans and coordinate the production required with the various My client co-packers and suppliers.
• Coordinate the manufacture and transfer of specified products to plan to fill company demand on a timely basis. Maintain a high emphasis on quality, low cost and timely delivery.
• Utilize the My client RockySoft Forecast System and Accellos Order Management systems to create and communicate weekly Work Orders and Production Plans by manufacturing plant and supplier. Communicate changing needs to the suppliers on a continual basis.
• Contact assigned locations daily to ensure production is proceeding as planned and that product will be ready when needed. Follow up regularly with each manufacturing location to ensure the weekly production plans are being followed. Communicate change in needs with the suppliers on a continual basis.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all departments and with all company suppliers.
• Communicate product availability updates; relate changes and updates regarding product supply issues to other departments by e-mail and phone throughout the day.
• Assist in managing the company Quality Assurance program by monitoring the control sample program to ensure that components and products are built to specification and participating as a leader for the taste assurance teams.
• Assist with the hold, withdrawal or recall of product from the marketplace when deemed necessary by QA.
• Work with the Purchasing Dept. to develop and maintain a system to eliminate obsolete components and inventory in a cost effective manner. Recycle or donate to charity when possible.
• Train and support co-packers on the proper use of My client’s supply chain systems, My client Processing Manuals, and My client Assembly Guides.
• Assist in the continual upgrade of existing My client products and the launch of new products by helping coordinate the implementation of new programs, items and packaging with suppliers and co-packers.
• Responsible for end of month inventory at designated co-packer locations.
• Coordinate all cross dock finished goods inventory throughout the co-packer network.
• Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a can do attitude.
• Must have excellent attendance, be extremely well organized, exhibit attention to detail, follow-up on assignments, have initiative, intuitiveness, and sense of urgency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 2-5 years production planning experience in food or consumer goods using forecasting /supply chain planning / MRP systems & technology. Experience in Accellos or RockySoft a plus.
• Experience managing contract manufacturers is a plus
• Strong analytical skills with particular emphasis on Microsoft Office products. Proficient in Windows, Excel, Word and related software