BWXT is currently seeking applicants to fill the role of Production Planning and Scheduling Manager at its Mt. Vernon, IN facility. The person in this role will manage the Planning and Scheduling Department and will recommend strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, workforce staffing, and establishing and maintaining the technical standards within the department. Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for analyzing data to assist in the development of critical path networks and schedules on proposals and contracts, will monitor progress and report updates in a timely manner to satisfy proposal and/or contract release dates, and will be responsible for determining the capabilities of the manufacturing resources, scheduling work, and evaluating operating effectiveness. These duties will be accomplished by performing the following routine duties and tasks:
- Plan and delegate assignments to central production planners, utilizing manufacturing knowledge, engineering, and computer skills to develop long-range and short-term Master Production Schedules in support of production goals and delivery date commitment.
- Plan and delegate assignments to system planners and production zone controllers.
- Supervise and coordinate the regular update of the Master Production Schedules, production goals, and shipment schedules. Resolve conflicts with Project Management.
- Review operating performance, efficiency, utilization, earned hours, etc., and work closely with other departments to plan daily operations, equipment, and manning levels. Propose new or alternate plans and methods. Display weekly operating circumstances in documents appropriate for management decision making.
- Research and implement improved production planning and control techniques.
- Supervise the formal production planning response to bid packages and provide comments to Project Planning, Estimating, and the capital coordinators.
- Review planning and engineering assignments to assure personnel are properly assigned to support the operating department needs and customer commitments.
- Determine long-term direct hiring requirements for the facility.
- Supervise and coordinate the scheduling interface with Facilities Engineering for critical equipment outage and preventative maintenance requirements.
- Represent manufacturing operations in the interface with Project Management and other departments, including the customer.
- Supervise load leveling of work centers to minimize the need for overtime and manning changes, while maximizing utilization.
- Work with Accounting to determine production goals for the business plan and in establishing pool hours for rate forecasts.
- Develop various plant loading scenarios as requested by Division Staff.
- Oversee the group responsible for component movement and storage throughout the plant.
- Perform plant product flow simulations to determine equipment and facility needs and optimum plant layout.
- Perform various types of analysis, including trend analysis, graphics analysis, earned value analysis, productivity analysis, and risk analysis.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Business-related discipline along with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in contract administration or scheduling. Additionally, the successful candidate must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Project. Experience with Primavera is desired.