· Rochester, New York
Company: Li-Cycle Inc.
Location: Rochester, New York - HUB
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Planner will be responsible for the for ensuring best practice(s) in demand planning, inventory planning, production planning and supply planning, with linkage to site financials. He/she will play a key role in the overall business growth and inventory management strategies. This position will work closely with Engineering, Operations, Warehousing, and Finance teams at the facility.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Analyze raw material and procurement order sheets to determine inventory levels against Inventory Management System (IMS).
- Utilizing data from the IMS and working closely with various teams at the facility, product daily, weekly, and biweekly production forecasts based on availability and chemical composition of feed material.
- Create, maintain, and set production targets
- Balancing domestic and import supply with long term forecasting, ordering & issuing purchase orders for domestic & import supply and tracking transactions.
- Support Finance team with production forecasts for budgeting purposes
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Review long-term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Perform ongoing analysis of weekly, monthly and future capacity to optimize product level loading and achieve manufacturing continuity during low and high volume months.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records / reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in business or supply chain management.
- 8+ years experience as a production planner/scheduler
- Production experience required
- Advanced ability to effectively problem-solve, communicate (orally and in writing), lead business discussions and train others
- Team player within multi-disciplined team
- Strong organizational skill set
- Experience in cross functional team an asset
- Experience in managing third-party service providers
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team
- Strong customer service orientation
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle (NYSE:LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution.