Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The YouTube Red Originals team is responsible for developing and shepherding new scripted and unscripted series and movies with YouTube's partners. Armed with your creative skill and extensive industry knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with producers, writers and directors as well as internal stakeholders including marketing and press as it pertains to original content for YouTube Red. Your knowledge of the industry, your experience launching new content and strong relationships with key industry players will help shape our robust pipeline of current content and development properties for YouTube Red.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Manage and track the process for funding license fees, breakage and production payments for unscripted and scripted productions. Collaborate on policies and procedures to ensure best practices.
- Facilitate vendor set up with accounting system, coordinate with vendor on all funding requests, track domestic and international tax incentives with vendor and analyze vendor production budgets. Work with vendor accounting staff to review cost reports, trial balances, cash forecast and reports.
- Prepare and/or review cash flow documents.
- Liaise with internal tax department with regard to international production activities.
- Extract payment requirements from legal agreements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a Lead Production Accountant or Controller in scripted or unscripted television/movie production.
- Experience and proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Entertainment Partners Vista, Quickbooks, Cast and Crew PSL, Smart Accounting and Google Docs.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment across several projects in various phases of funding.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical accounting topics.
- High degree of understanding in the entertainment industry and its business practices (e.g., production accounting functions and processes).
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production processes, compliance, tools, equipment, incentives, talent and crew.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).