Supervises the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function.
Essential to this PositionKey Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with frontline staff, identifying improvement opportunities, and coaching associates on how to work more efficiently
- Work with production to identify and eliminate reoccurring problems, and standardize processes, to reduce waste via implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead the implementation of machine center specific process improvements.
- Facilitate multi-functional working groups (Kaizen or others).
- Support and participate in the implementation of all necessary actions to meet improvement goals.
- Manage and support corporate improvement tools such as metrics, 5S, PM, and problem solving techniques
- Collaborate with other Managers and plant personnel to achieve operational excellence.
Essentials for Success:
- Progressive experience in a capital intensive, heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience within the corrugating, converting and printing industries, a strong plus.
- Technical foundation achieved through education and or experience required..
- Solid project management and planning skills required.
- Past success using data to drive decisions and improvement required.
- Excellent communication and employee development skills required.
- Consistent on the floor presence.
- Union experience, a plus.
Education / Certifications
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Skills & Experience
Work Experience Required
Minimum 12 years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities DesiredKnowledge of and ability to use and influence organization's policies, standards and procedures guiding manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and site
- Knowledge of the existing and planned approaches and methods for manufacturing products or product components
- Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements and management of a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes