- Review business processes, document operating procedures, monitor production processes, and perform other tasks that demonstrate technical understanding of production operations.
- Read and understand Interface Control documents, Requirement Documents and system design documents
- Analyze, assess, and aid in the resolution of technical issues preventing normal business processes from completing, as expected. This may entail resolving file content errors, file transfer problems, user mistakes, etc.
- Conduct root cause analysis sessions per direction from CMS.
- Assist with developing operational schedules, working with other agencies/support partners, and coordinating with other CMS business partners.
- Review Software packages against promotion-to-production validation criteria and obtain approval from appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and update ServiceNow tickets, maintaining excellent notes and status information to demonstrate issues are being worked.
- Function as a technical subject matter expert on mainframe activities in CMS MEPS environment
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and detailed Work Instructions.
- Maintain custom reports using Microsoft Access and develop new reports using Microsoft Power BI to fulfill customer requests.
- Maintain Joint Operating Procedures (JOP) that are in effect across the MEPS partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 10 years of mainframe development/production support experience or
15 years of related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA requirements
- Three (3) or more years of experience in production operations settings in Mainframe settings
- Exposure to cloud governance policies and procedures.
- Extensive Knowledge of systems development life cycles (SDLC) and ability to work with developers.
- Experience with working with trouble tickets and end-to-end issue tracking and resolution.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
- Skills: COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, Connect Direct, Gentran & MS-Office including MS-Access
- Self-driven, motivated, leadership and results oriented.
- Good meeting facilitation skills.
- Must possess sharp attention to detail, have proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities
- Work well under pressing deadlines.
- Must provide "on-call" support in weekend rotation environment.
- Exposure to AWS services and AWS SysOps administration concepts.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Tools: Knowledge of Remedy/ServiceNow, Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console (TDWC), Clarity, New Relic, Splunk, CloudTamer and MS SharePoint.
- ITIL certification or Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Experience with CMS / MEPS/MAPD programs a plus
- Experience with Face to Face Customer Interactions
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate and/or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certifications are a big Plus. Experience in migration of mainframe applications to AWS, cloud governance and scripting CloudFormation templates is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.