The Production Manager II oversees and leads all production operations ensuring reliability and efficiency while achieving production schedules to meet finished products demand as well as new product introductions. Acts as Site Manager for the Portland, ME facility collaboratingwith R&D, Quality Assurance, Product Sales, facility and EH&S to assure new product introduction schedule and sales demand are met as well as quality and compliance.
The Portland ME Production Manager II:
- Manages all production activities within the manufacturing facility including production, quality control, engineering, supply assurance, and materials.
- Hires, develops, mentors, and manages a team of supervisors and managers.
- Develops, revises, and enforces standard operational procedures and workpractices.
- Develops/revises process layouts to meet production schedules and new product introductions.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares department budgets, salary plans, and capacity plans.
- Reviews production and operating reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems.
- Maintains compliance regarding the use and storage of hazardous materials and DEA controlled substances.
- Provides clear operational direction and establishes priorities for the operational team.
- Develops and implements strategic plans with other manufacturing sites.
- Responds effectively to demands and challenges while demonstrating a highunderstanding of customer needs, both internally and externally.
- Collaborates with QSD to grow Portland product sales to achieve annual revenue targets
- Leads the Portland R&D Team to achieve new product development withrobust manufacturability in process and quality. Product and process documentation are mission critical.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or related field.
- 8+ years manufacturing production supervisory experience, preferably in a regulated environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What's in it for you?:
Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more!
Opportunities for growth and training.
Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
Great work environment.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network ofoperations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate thediscovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.