Job ID: 133619
Oldcastle SurePods is the leading manufacturer of fully outfitted, modular building components in North America with over 15,000 bathroom pods and over 100,000 total modules manufactured and installed (security, telecom, educational, bathrooms, shelters). Oldcastle SurePods is part of Oldcastle Inc., the largest building materials company in North America. We are a proud reflection of hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies, and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle SurePods is searching for a dynamic, knowledgeable, and hands on Production Engineer to lead improvement in our Modular Bathroom Pod production facility. Reporting directly to the company President in this critical role you will drive production efficiency utilizing lean tools, knowledge of product design, materials and parts, process variables, tooling and production equipment capabilities, process methods, and quality control standards. You will be instrumental in the development of all production and assembly processes, as well as lead and facilitate continuous improvement events, all to directly support growth of our innovative construction business. In this fast-paced growing organization those that are highly motivated and driven to results will have the opportunity to lead, succeed, and advance.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or other engineering discipline with 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in make-to or engineered-to-order environment
- Proactive, self-motivated, and comfortable contributing to dynamic cross-functional teams
- In depth knowledge and experience in applying Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies to support smooth flow, standardized work, and waste elimination
- Strong orientation towards results and the aggressive pursuit of Operational Improvement with production team buy-in
- Analytical mind able to resolve process problems as well as initiate and implement cost reduction programs, including the facilitation of kaizens
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs