The Production Manager will be responsible for directing all plant activities within production, engineering, materials, production control, tooling, process, and quality arenas. This person is responsible for meeting production schedules and producing a product in accordance with Customer requirements, while maintaining optimal efficiencies and minimizing costs. Functions as the primary point of contact for Louisville in responding to critical customer issues, key performance measurements and other “customer specific “initiatives.
- Developing manufacturing and operational strategic plans and generally overseeing their implementation to ensure maximum capacity utilization of the manufacturing units towards achieving the group’s strategy, growth and profit objectives.
- Responsible for formulating objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products.
- Directing and co-coordinating production according to quality and quantity specifications within cost objectives.
- Oversee planning and implementation of production plans including receiving sales forecast and manufacturing of products.
- Lead the implementation of new manufacturing initiatives, including strategic resource allocation and applying good manufacturing principles, organization structure, leadership, sourcing and integration, production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies and adherence to best practice.
- Providing strong leadership to the employees at the plants, ensuring high morale, team work and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.
- Ensuring all divisions within the manufacturing area are properly staffed and coordinated to perform duties effectively.
- Promoting the development of favourable employee relations to further the organization's production of quality goods.
- Oversee all operations and logistics within manufacturing and maintain financial discipline. Maintain a high quality consciousness.
- Able to meet and subsequently exceed performance targets ensuring profitability of the individual manufacturing units.
- Ensuring compliance to all group systems, guidelines & policies.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to subordinates.
- In liaison with the Human Resource Department; appraise performance of subordinates.
- Any other duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Must be able to communicate in English.
5-7 years’ experience in Operations Management required.
3-5 years automotive background required.
Functional leadership Supervision 5+ years of leadership experience and 3+ of manufacturing experience.
High level of management skills.
Organize team(s) to deliver.
Identifies opportunities for improvement.
Excellent motivational and leadership skills.
Able to influence and set direction for team and B/U.
Decision maker based upon Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Delivery and Materials.
Understanding of business practices and process.
Excellent organizational skills.
Good communication skills – both written and oral.