The Judge Group is currently in search of a degreed Production Manager for a large food manufacturing facility located in Southern California. The qualified individual MUST have a strong food or beverage manufacturing background!
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
- Leads Supervisors and Team Members in a high-speed food manufacturing and packaging environment
- Utilizes assigned resources to maximize manufacturing output, minimize waste/downtime, improve capacity and efficiencies and maintain product quality and integrity
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products
- Confers with Purchasing and Receiving to ensure raw material testing and usage are done.
- Raw material ordering for as many as sixty different raw materials is done in a way that minimizes extra truck loads at month end.
- Assists with Quality Control programs to safeguard product quality
- Conducts internal audits to ensure compliance with FDA USDA AIB and OSHA methods policies and procedures
- Completes raw material month end inventory explaining any variance to budget
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product formulations, and operating or production problems
- BS/BA degreerequired
- HPWS (High Performace Work Systems), HPWT (High Performance Work Team) or HPWO (High Performance Work Organization) experiencepreferred
- Strong food or beverage manufacturing experiencerequired
- 5+ years of production management experience