Our client was founded over 75 years ago and provides molds to major chocolate manufacturers. The company has led and adapted to changes in molding technologies,
Specializing in the injection mold production business for 50 years, they are the only North American based manufacturer of injection polycarbonate molds.
The Production Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the operations and continuous improvement activities of various departments as assigned and is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, safety and profitability of departmental operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Coordinate, supervise, and monitor the workings of various departments in production.
- Review financial statements and data, utilizing financial data to improve profitability.
- Improve processes and policies in support of departmental goals.
- Identify and reduce/eliminate waste in the operations areas by identifying and implementing CI activities.
- Lead CI events (Kaizens, SMED events, etc) to improve operational performance.
- Measure and communicate operations performance daily and work w/ other departments to improve operational efficiencies
- Implement and support departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output and provide a safe environment for our associates and monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Plan the use of human resources by delegating tasks and accountabilities, establishing work schedules, supervising staff, and monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Ensure quality of products and manufacturing standards that are compliant with company?s quality management system.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions and other production departments and shifts.
- Understand and support sales, client services, and marketing activities.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and support operational plans and manage any internal departmental strategic plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education / Experience:
? Bachelor?s degreepreferred. Or, equivalent combination of training and experience.
? 5 -10 years of operations management experience in a manufacturing environment (molding and/or injection molding).
? CNC Machines?Tools / Dies for injection molding experience.
? Must have experience in injection molding equipment and applications (preferably plastics).
? Continuous Improvement experience (e.g., TPM, 5S, Value stream mapping, and Kaizen events, etc.
? Material Management and Purchasing of raw materials.
? Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, time & attendance system
? Strong reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
? Ability to lead work groups and drive performance improvements
? Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
? Demonstrated team building and leadership ability