Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
3rd (Graveyard) Shift Position - Sun-Thu, 10pm - 6:30am
- Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations regarding and, at higher levels, controls capital and budgeted expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- Develops schedules based on manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Performs all required management responsibilities including but not limited to: implementing the company's policies, programs, and guidelines; ensuring employee productivity and growth; managing resources; knowing Varian's business; and maintaining functional, technical, and external market awareness necessary for managing immediate organization.
- Assists manager in development of long range plans as required. Scope of role may include interaction with other sites and operations.
- Performs a continuing review of safety considerations to minimize liability risk to company.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Experience with operations finance, particular to direct and indirect labor and associated expenses.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Mfg, DFT, JIT or similar principles.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
Typical Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Typically no prior management experience.