5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
Growing meat processor is looking for a production manager/supervisor. Ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of supervisory experience in the meat processing industry, highly prefer someone that is bilingual. Bachelorsdegree highly preferred. Company will relocate.
- Direct staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Supervise staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Schedule and assign work flow of personnel.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing processes and procedures to produce customer service excellence according to specifications.
- Ensure correct and timely handling of product within the established policies and procedures. Utilizing appropriate, defined practices to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Control inventory by conducting physical counts and reconciling with system software.
- Supervise export compliance understanding processes and maintaining documentation and communication between all affected personnel, USDA, and customer. Validate accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with mandated guidelines.
- Safeguards production operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Protect shipments by investigating causes of damages and discrepancies in consignments.
- Maintains physical condition of workspace by inspecting equipment and issuing work orders for repair.
- Enforces safety policies by conducting inspections, reporting statistics, counseling employees, and identifying and correcting infractions.
- Support of Human Resource operations ensuring appropriate documents are accurately completed while maintaining confidentiality.
- Work with company practices to develop and improve collaborative work flows among warehouse, production, office, maintenance and administrative personnel.
- Support assigned duties of the Plant Manager to assist in the business of the facility.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to read and write English
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word & Outlook
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem solving abilities with attention to detail
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds
Education and Experience:
- 4-6 yearsexperience in meat processing or production management.
- Knowledge and experience in Safety, USDA and OSHAdesired.
- Prior Supervisory experiencerequired.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills preferred.