Tracking Code 179209-846Job Description
To plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing processes of exhaust systems in accordance with pre-established company objectives, driving Safety, Quality, and optimizing cost for the Value Stream. Must also read, support, and manage a budget effectively.
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation and motivation of all personnel.
- Direct the business unit team in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with agreed to business plan.
- Plan the use of facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future manufacturing requirements including department budgets and guidelines, plant layout and improvement, and capital and expenditure programs.
- Drive Safety through the proper use of machines, tools and equipment, appraise technological developments, investigative, feasibility of new equipment and techniques, and prepare dependable cost estimates for changes in manufacturing methods.
- Develop and/or evaluate programs designed to improve the manufacturing performance in Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Inventory.
- Provide, implement, and administer quality assurance and engineering control functions to ensure product reliability and conformance to customer and federal specifications in the most effective and economical manner possible.
- Maintain and improve product income levels through waste reduction, cost reduction, Kaizen events, and cost improvement plans.
- Learn, Teach, and Drive the Tenneco Manufacturing System (TMS) to a Value stream reports.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity in inventory control and production reporting.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulation issued by OSHA, EPA, EEOC, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Maintain proper shop disciplines and procedures ensuring timely and accurate data input and manufacturing cost controls.
- Manage the manufacturing departments with the appropriate communication or goals, performance feedback, corrective action, and rewards and recognition to provide optimum employee relations.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process and quality management system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to product, process and quality systems. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of solutions for all abnormalities using the TMS philosophy.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing quality system requirements.
- Define, document, maintain and continuously improve, if required, the plant’s quality policy relevant to the plant’s goals and expectations and the needs of its customers.
- Notifies Plant Manager and appropriate staff members in the event of nonconforming process, product or quality system element.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of employee awareness of the plant’s Safety and Quality policies to keep employees committed.
- Define the cross-functional quality system to ensure appropriate activities are conducted during the various phases of the product life cycle.
- Be responsible for preparation, publication, distribution, and maintenance of the quality management system.
- Be responsible for coordinating the requirements of the quality management system with the customers’ quality requirements.
- Be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system, which identifies and records any problems relating to Safety, the Product, Process or Quality Management System.
- Have the authority and responsibility to ensure that processes / machinery utilized in the manufacturing process and the verification process are capable of meeting both customer and quality plan expectations as well as Safety lockout/Tagout (LOTO) requirements.
- Have the authority and responsibility to ensure customer product requirements are maintained as scheduled.
- Have the responsibility to ensure environmental policies and procedures shall be followed.
- Bachelor's degree in Production Management, Business Administration, or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent management experience).
- Seven to ten years broad manufacturing experience (including experience as a front line supervisor) in a high volume-manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge and basic understanding of metal forming and welding and assembly.
- Strong training skills
- Good computer skills
Years Of Experience: