Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 58 days ago
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Tempe Milk Plant, located in Tempe, Arizona has an opening for a Plant Production Manager.
Supervise the daily operation of the plant. This includes the supervision of (directly or via shift supervisors) plant activities of ordering, processing, packaging, sanitation, and shipping of all plant products and services. Assist the Plant Manager. Assume the role of Plant Manager in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- BS/BA in related field preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
- 6 - 8 years in manufacturing/operations environment. Minimum three years as Production Supervisor.
- Proven production background.
- Proven knowledge of operations/manufacturing/engineering/quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of specific plant operations and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Working knowledge of financial cost accounting and budgeting Interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to manage and develop employees.
- Strong verbal/written communication.
- Ability to interface with regulatory agencies skills Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ability to grasp additional business related applications.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for plant personnel.
- Ensure the adherence to Safeway policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety.
- Assign accountability, build teams, hire, develop, evaluate, train, discipline, either directly or via shift supervisors.
- Handle union grievances.
- Support the Plant Manager during union contractnegotiations etc.
- Communicate items of interest or concern to employeesand Plant Manager via written and oral communication. 25%
- Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of plant goals/action plans, both short and long term.
- Assist Plant Manager in making operational improvements to reduce costs and to increase productivity.
- Utilize new technology and Lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency. 25%
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.) 25%
- Process owner of the plant processes.
- Oversee plant activities including ordering, processing, packaging, sanitation, and shipping of all plant products and services. 25%