Who is Teledyne ISCO? Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed. We do research, design, development, and manufacturing all in one location.
Why Teledyne ISCO?
- Full benefits package on your 1st day of employment.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
- 10.5 Paid Holidays.
- 401k with Company Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company provided Life Insurance.
- Monthly recognition programs.
- Family friendly atmosphere.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne ISCO is looking to fill the position of Production Manger in Lincoln, NE.
This individual will be responsible for the management of multiple functional areas within Operations. This person will manage processes to meet production schedules, and cost objectives while ensuring consistent product quality in a vertically integrated facility. Oversee activities and staff in the areas of assembly, machining, molding, shipping and receiving. Determine requirements for material, equipment and manpower resources and makes recommendations as appropriate. Develop and administers procedures and quality control standards in designated areas. Provide leadership and direction to staff to support ISCO’s Operating Principles including the key areas of ensuring a safe work environment and implementing best practices for continued operational excellence.
Partner with Operations Director on the following:
- Continuous Improvement with adoption of best practices with a focus of utilizing LEAN tools & techniques.
- Simplify business operations
- Recommend and implement department changes
- Promote 5S and continuous improvement
- Culture & Values
- Clarify and communicate the company vision
- Foster a growth mindset with your team
- Ensure high performers are in key staff roles
- Coach, mentor, and develop high potentials
- Recruit high potential/diverse talent
- Assist with the preparation and manage the operations manpower planning and budget.
- Establish meaningful metrics and drive successful results in safety, efficiency, quality, and delivery goals as well as maximize capacity utilization on key pieces of equipment.
- Support the strategic plan that delivers on annual business objectives – safety, efficiency, delivery and quality.
- Implement solutions to solve equipment, tooling, facility and process problems.
- Work closely with support staff and Human Resources to effectively support all facets of production.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Coach and develop work teams.
- Expert at facilitating employee engagement.
- Provide leadership that will affect achievement of a flexible and fast responding workforce, in a fast paced, dynamic organizational environment.
- Must have a BS/BA degree in Business, Manufacturing Technology, Engineering, Science or related subject and 5+ years related experience in operations management is required. 10 years of experience is required in lieu of degree.
- Strong background or aptitude in manufacturing with desired experience in machining, molding and electronic assembly manufacturing.
- Proven strategic Operations leadership, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and results delivered.
- Proven track record of leadership, demonstrating a positive attitude, personal accountability, coaching skills, effective listening skills, approachability, and resolution of issues/conflicts in a timely manner.
- Proven analytical capabilities and strong inventory management, budgeting, and planning capabilities.
- Must be extremely customer focused.
- Ability to lead and coordinate successful cross-functional improvements with analytical skills.
- Must exhibit encouragement of diverse ideas, focusing on coaching/developing strengths of team members and facilitating effective communication.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with change management skills which incorporates original thinking, multiple idea generation, and develops innovative approaches for improving work flow and processes.
- Develops self and others with potential for future opportunities in the organization.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strategic Vision - ability to progressively lead teams toward the achievement of the long-term strategy while anticipating future change implications and impacts.
- Leadership – educate, persuade, compel and garner support from the workforce on various daily, monthly, and quarterly activities.
- Planning/Execution Skills - establish a plan for goals and objectives attainment which aligns with the company’s growth initiatives.
- Relationship Building – ability to create genuine and meaningful relationships with all personnel.
- Communication, Public speaking – ability to persuade with compelling stories and relateable benefits that employees identify with.
- Business acumen, to include understanding of financial, operations and strategic sourcing.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Excellent oral and written skills required to communicate with people both inside and outside the company.
- Able to handle stress and make decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Close visual work required to compile, analyze, compute, copy and compare data.
- Regular standing, stooping and bending required.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 40 lbs.
Requisition ID 2019-9202