Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Production Manager to join our Instruments-Surgical Technologies Division to be based in San Francisco, CA.
This role is for a defined term as it is focused on a manufacturing transfer as the San Francisco Stryker location has previously announced a closure to occur approximately at the end of December 2020.
Who we want
- Managers who drive performance. People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do
As the Production Manager, you will lead, oversee, coordinate and facilitate the activities in a production area ensuring safety, quality, and compliance while achieving production goals, efficiency and yield targets and cost objectives.
- Manage self and team in a manner that demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety, product quality and compliance with the Stryker, Quality Manual and its governing regulations.
- Ensure product is manufactured to the most current/validated method/process and specification and DHR for every lot is correctly filled in per GMP & QS requirements.
- Proactively plan and manage capacity (Manpower and Equipment) with associated inter-disciplinary coordination.
- Make budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct labor resource planning.
- Work with planning team to ensure appropriate build scheduling and execute to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure traceability and inventory accuracy/control including components, sub-assemblies and finished goods.
- Provide strong supervision of human resources including, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, development and performance management.
- Improve the organization capability for the responsible area.
- Lead the team and create a respectful, open communication, positive and team-oriented work environment.
- Lead or participate in Continuous Improvement projects by leveraging Lean Light house, Kaizens and other lean methodology to improve quality, increasing capacity, improving efficiency, reducing scrap improve space utilization and other activities.
- Ensure equipment, tools, fixtures, gages and measuring devices are properly used, maintained and calibrated in his area of responsibility.
- Interact with Manufacturing Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Quality and materials colleagues to drive results with highly efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in quality systems audits (i.e., internal & external).
- Participate in budget process and manage the budget implementation for the responsible area.
What you need
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business-related discipline; i.e. Engineering, Science, Finance, Supply Chain, Business discipline required.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in business, operations, or manufacturing preferably in medical device or other highly regulated industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role; preferably in a production environment.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience required; Six Sigma green belt or black belt preferred.
- Previous system experience with ERP systems required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects with cross-functional teams required.
- Working knowledge & understanding of general Quality System & ISO 9001 requirements required.
- Working knowledge and understanding the overall business process from material receiving to finish goods shipping preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must have the ability to communicate and understand technical terminology.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must have the ability to resolve daily production problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting, budget control, cost-containment, overhead, labor, gross-margin, etc. required.
- Understanding of team dynamics, and ability to maximize organizational results.
- Self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills in English.
- Ability to maintain high morale within a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated effective interaction skills across multi-disciplinary functions (lateral & upward/downward).
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: 10%