Our client is a successful, growing manufacturer of high quality machined metal components for leading clients in the aerospace, oil/gas, commercial, and industrial sectors. This non-traditional company offers a collaborative, open environment where people are respected and valued for what they know while adhering to a set of “Core Values”.
They are enhancing their management team with a Production Manager who will participate in strategic planning and provide day-to-day, hands-on leadership. The Production Manager is responsible for production throughput, on-time delivery, managing production personnel, and providing technical guidance/support.
There are several key strategic initiatives that need to be accomplished:
- Manages all resources in a harmonious manner that promotes and cultivates an atmosphere that emphasizes teamwork, respect, accountability, and a desire to improve all Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives.
- Ensures all Safety and Quality standards, process and procedures are followed; ensures all objectives are regularly exceeded.
- Develop a systemized production scheduling process
- Develop production performance metrics
- Improve employee productivity through cross-training and multi-tasking
- Implement lean manufacturing initiatives
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Establish and manage the production schedule to meet customer delivery requirements
- Manage the production team
- Provide technical support to the production team, engaging engineering when necessary
- Identify and lead improvement initiatives
- Capacity planning
- Complete performance appraisals of all production personnel
- Support and drive team building initiatives
- Conduct production meetings
- Communicate directly with customers and upper management regarding production status
Qualified Candidate Characteristics and Experience:
- Demonstrated performance in a similar production management role
- Experience managing the production of an aerospace machining facility
- Ability to handle multiple challenges simultaneously
- Lean / CI experience
- Extensive Machining experience / knowledge – CNC Lathe and Milling