The Production Manager at the Snyder, TX facility is expected to support achievement of plant goals and initiatives under the direction of the Plant Manager.
This position is responsible for managing the production department. This includes blenders, drivers, production supervisors, and all plant facets related to operation and production, which includes shipping and receiving. This includes topics such as: HSE performance, regulatory compliance, compliance with company policies and procedures, OEE and productivity, cost control, raw material acquisition and monitoring, customer communication, etc. In meeting these requirements, the primary expectation of the person in this position is to maintain high standards in all areas of responsibility and practice accountability as warranted to drive team improvement in achieving plant goals.
This is a permanent position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but is not limited to):
- Comply with all Solvay and plant policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that your teams comply with Solvay, plant and regulatory policies, procedures and requirements.
- Maintain high standards and practice ISMEC and Accountability in managing the production areas of the plant and in managing the production teams.
- Take ownership of your team’s performance. Enforce disciplinary policies and procedures as required.
- Lead the plant’s Process Safety effort. Ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Be an active advocate of HSE and Process Safety. Proactively seek solutions to minimize HSE and Process risk at the site.
- Uphold and practice the ‘Top 10 HSE Leadership Expectations’ and actively lead and support the plant’s HSE goals and initiatives.
- Lead incident investigations and publish RCAs and LLBs as required.
- Complete action items comprehensively and in a timely manner and ensure that any items assigned to your teams are completed in the same manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (cont’d):
- Be a presence in the field, both for employee engagement purposes and for performance compliance purposes. Conduct routine field audits for HSE, PSM, DOT, etc.
- Present a ‘customer first’ attitude (although customers are second to HSE) and actively push this ideal to your team.
- Manage your team to meet business objectives and customer demands. Support your team in achieving high RFT and OTIF metrics (Right First Time, On Time In Full)
- Be proactive and comprehensive in communication to appropriate personnel regarding issues within your areas of responsibility.
- Be a conscientious representative of Solvay. Be mindful of how the company may be perceived based on your actions when dealing with customers and the community.
- Support ME initiatives, including leading the daily whiteboard meetings and helping to analyze OEE data and identify improvement areas in efficiency and quality.
- Manage production activities and resources in order to meet short and long term business objectives and customer requirements.
- Lead and coordinate efforts to monitor and acquire raw materials as needed for Production.
- Lead and coordinate transportation efforts for shipment and delivery.
- Ensure that your team supports the Maintenance effort by writing work orders, preparing permits, isolating equipment, etc.
- Ensure that Production supports Accounting and Administration by processing paperwork correctly and in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage costs within your purview.
- Perform routine assessments of the performance of your personnel.
- Develop the ‘on-call’ schedule for Production coverage and be able to take duty as required by the schedule
- Carry a company-supplied smartphone in order to respond in a timely manner to plant and business needs.
- Serve as backup to the Plant Manager when the PM is absent.
- Be a site leader and role model, establishing yourself as a candidate to become a Facility or Plant Manager under succession planning.
- Be a “subject matter expert” on all site products and manufacturing processes.
- Attend training and meetings at remote locations as required.
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Plant Manager and/or as dictated by business needs.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or related field. 5+ years of specifically related manufacturing experience in an equivalent position may be considered.
- 10+ years of related experience in chemical manufacturing or oilfield management.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with proven results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills: email, spreadsheets, database use.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and establish actions accordingly.
- Ability to relate to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Basic knowledge of cost accounting and management.
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon facts, potential outcomes and appropriate levels of risk.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and don full PPE when required.
- Must be able to pass all required training, including 24-hr HAZWOPER.
- Familiarity with OSHA, PSM and DOT regulations is a plus.