Shapeways has set out to redefine product creation. It is a platform that enables the full creator experience through design, making, and selling--born out of its consumer 3D printing service, the largest in the world. Shapeways has over 1 million creators and has printed over 10 million products. Thecompany supports creators with design tools and services, access to advanced production technology starting with 3D printing, and services to build a business. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, Shapeways has factories and offices in New York, the Netherlands, and partners around the globe. It is a spin-out of the lifestyle incubator of Royal Philips Electronics, and investors include Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, INKEF Capital, Index Ventures, Hewlett Packard Ventures, and Presidio Ventures.
Why is a Production Manager important to us? Shapeways is a fast-growing, global startup, with the goal ofmaking 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is custom, tailored to our customers' wishes. The Production Manager will plan and assign work activities ensuring that our SLS team produces highquality products that meet and/or exceed customer expectations. In this role, you will support, recommend and implement policies and procedures that ultimately improve efficiencies and productivity on this team.
In addition to leading our SLS team, you will lead the charge in developing, sustaining and improving programs on, safety, quality, cost and speed.
- Ensure the safety of all employees in the SLS cell
- Develop, implement and sustain a Quality Management System (ISO9001)
- Oversee the performance of the manufacturing cell to ensure gross margin, revenue and manufacturing objectives are met
- Utilize leadership and process improvement to drive and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Oversee quality of products' improvements in yield, reduction in cost of goods as well as delivery of goods ontime to meet and/or exceed customer expectations
- Be accountable for the resource planning of the Manufacturing Team
- Handle daily, weekly & monthly production planning and management
- Oversee revenue maximization through schedule & lead time management and improvement programs
- Ensuring Preventative Maintenance programs are in place and operational requirements are met
- Develop cross functional integration to ensure continuous improvement in the product offerings of company
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration.
- 6+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required .
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills (hourly & salary).
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Experience in QRM, 5S, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing.
- Adequate knowledge of Profit & Loss, budgets and cost controls.
- Flexible working schedule.
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn't your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you'd like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you're looking for…
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package- We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to theemployee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching- Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave- Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off- PTO plus sick days. Whether it's traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch- Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our LongIsland City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours- Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing- Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.