This position will provide leadership and technical abilities to improve plant performance to world class levels of safety, quality, service and efficiency in the Chowchilla facility. Reduces cost through improvement of employee understanding and involvement and through technical and process improvements, strategic objectives for safety, and environmental stewardship. Provides the leadership toeffectively lead all plant production and related operation. Has responsibility for operations through the shift managers.
- Safety - Motivating employees and supervisors, directing corrective action, auditing employees throughout the plant, and communicating acceptable standards of safety performance and housekeeping to all salaried and hourly employees.
- Budgeting- Development review and evaluation of budgets and performance to them.
- Manages the plant production personnel to manufacture quality products when the customers need them while achieving world class levels of safety, housekeeping, yield, availability and cost performance.
- Ensures the safe, effective and efficient utilization of labor, materials, equipment, and in-process inventories in the production of all products. Is responsible for management, oversight, skills improvement and training of all production department employees.
- Communication with staff, employees, supervisors, other plants, Technical services, sales (all levels) - Information flow is a key to this position, to and from all parts of the organization.
- Establish production KPIs to communicate performance and benchmark
- Improvement projects - Projects of all kinds; efficiency improvement, safety performance improvement, new equipment, alterations to current equipment, new ways of doing things.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Industrial Management or similar discipline.
- Requires 8 years of relevant experience in production with direct supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing a manufacturing workforce and a 24 x 7 operation are both preferred.
- Have the ability to provide leadership and innovation at all organizational levels, adaptability, customer and supplier focus, good written and oral communication.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma processes, excellent troubleshooting skills, very strong interpersonal, presentation, and computer software skills required.
- This position is directly involved in the everyday decisions relating to the operation of the manufacturing lines, as wells as the strategic planning of the plant. This position has the responsibility to develop supervisors and employees to be ready to accept additional responsibility is a critical aspect of this position's responsibility through strong leadership and feedback techniques. Have significant problem solving situations involving frequent changes in production schedule and unexpected absences of employees. Have ability to effectively share plant objectives with the production workforce and to help those personnel achieve these objectives. This position requires knowledge of procedures and a strong goal orientation. Independent thinking is required to develop long-term solutions to cost, productivity, quality, flexibility, capacity, and employee development challenges.
- This position requires 24 hour availability. Weekend and holiday work requiredat times, during weekend duty, production upsets or project implementation. Occasional long hours. Some travel (5%) may be required.
Reference : 565070