Saint-Gobain Boron Nitride is looking for a Production Manager to join our growing team in Amherst, NY! This position reports to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the plant leadership team.
He/she is responsible for planning and managing the efficient production activities of the Manufacturing operations. The focus is on employee safety, quality performance, and attainment of all customer/company schedules, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
He/she supervises several plant departments and will be expected to lead and develop our team. This position has frequent direct and indirect contact with customers and will need to act with a customer centric focus. It is key that this individual has the skills and abilities to evaluate the efficiency of daily tasks, processes, and systems to continuously improve operations.
- Provides leadership in assuring employee well-being and safety by the development, promotion and enforcement of an uncompromising safety attitude.
- Regularly reviews performance data and identifies gaps.
- Contributes to the accuracy and effectiveness of the planning and goal setting process by developing, recommending, implementing and achieving operational plans, goals, budgets and capital requirements. Measurement of success includes the measurement of shipment on-time performance, direct labor productivity, and world class quality levels.
- Controls and schedules plant production operations to meet customer delivery requirements and financial goals.
- Effectively implements company policies and practices. Coaches and counsels employees who are not meeting performance objectives.
- Develops and implements on-going skills assessment and training efforts for employees.
- Develops and implements customer centric improvements to the manufacturing and planning/scheduling processes to enhance the customer experience.
- Responsible for accurate inventory management, including hold/red tag materials and slow moving inventories.
- Plans, devises, designs, and participates in the completion of capital and non-capital projects in respective areas.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or related field of Science is required. An advanced degree in a related discipline or business is preferred.
- The candidate should have at least five (5) years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably in engineering or production planning/management, with proven supervisory experience. Experience in manufacturing operations in a chemical or bulk/powder processing facility is beneficial.
- Prior knowledge of continuous Improvement methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership, effective decision making, problem solving, and multitasking skills are required.
- The successful candidate must be organized, self-motivated, independent, a team player, and able to work calmly while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should have strong project management skills and strong written and verbal communications skills with all levels of the organization.
- The successful candidate should be an energetic self-starter who is able to work with and gain consensus with fellow employees at all levels.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Prior experience with an ERP system is desired.