$90K — $120K
$95-115K plus Bonus
Our manufacturing client in Richmond, VA is looking to hire a Production Manager. This role directs and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the production department to achieve both financial and operating objectives. This Production Manager has overall responsibility for safety, production, maintenance and quality of products.
· Responsible for all production departments activities such as production operations, safety, quality, maintenance of equipment and continuous improvement.
· Direct production operations to ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency, and consistency with prescribed quality and other KPI’s.
· Review production orders and/or schedules to ascertain product data in order to plan department operations and ensure customer deadlines are met as well as product specifications.
· Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
· Review production and operations reports to ensure minimum costs, customer concerns, and prevent operational delays.
· Responsible for monitoring and ensuring positive moral and discipline through fairness and impartiality. Effectively handle all employee concerns, ideas and suggestions.
· Implement cost effective systems of control for capital, operating expenditures, manpower and wages.
· Conduct all work in accordance with the established quality management system to ensure product quality and continual improvement.
· Maintain safe working conditions. Ensure all employees follow OSHA requirements.
· 10+ years of managerial experience in the printing/packaging industry
· Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt highly desired.
· Ability to manage 80-100 employees reporting to an Operations Manager.
· Leadership experience working with Continuous Improvement and Safety.
· Project expertise, employee engagement and supervisory monitoring experience.
Valid through: 4/16/2021