Production Manager - Foods
- Well established foods manufacturing facility has a need for a Production Manager due to a retirement
- Company has been in business for 75 years with sales around $20 billion.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in continuous improvement and upper ward mobility
- The Production Manager is responsible for managing, planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing, maintenance, quality, sanitation, processing and packaging.
- Relocation assistance will be provided
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- This position will manage 5 supervisors, 100 employees, and 10 production and packaging lines
- Continuing cost and operational improvement that the plant is producing and shipping the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar principles
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Ensures all guidelines of GMP's, allergen programs, FDA, AIB, USDA standards, the Environmental Control Act and OSHA standards are in compliance.
- Development and implementation of the Capital Plan to ensure capacity meets demand.
- Monitor, exceed, and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Responsible for ensuring employee productivity, facility safety, and maintenance activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
- BA/BS degreerequired, ideally in Business Management, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology or similar
- 5+ years of leadership experience in the military or manufacturing or a combination
- Capable of working in a high-speed environment utilizing lean manufacturing, and/or continuous improvement methodologies
- Quick to solve problems, determined, eager to grow career, critical thinker and willing go the extra mile (work OT when necessary)
- 7+ years of food manufacturing experience
- 7+ years of managing an operation as a Production Manager, Plant Manager, Production Superintendent or similar role. Experience managing leaders in a manufacturing setting
- Military veterans; commissioned officers are preferred
- Experience with following strict food guidelines: HACCP, ISO, SQF, AIB or USDA
- Open to future relocation for advancement purposes