HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Responsible for ensuring the success of show and event productions by managing the technical and personnel aspects of the Production department and the entire Venue (supporting & collaborating with the GM, Talent buyer and Special events Manager) with thorough & detailed preparation.
- Recruitment and hiring / terminating of production staff and to ensure complete training while following all HOB Entertainment guidelines
- Responsible for adhering to the budget and tracking the financial aspects of department
- Complete and distribute a daily show flash (P&L) of every event
- Create and maintain inventory and maintenance log
- Creates daily/weekly show schedule to present weekly at staff meeting ensuring information is distributed to all Operations Managers and Talent Buyers in a timely basis
- Responsible for scheduling appropriate number of staff while maintaining labor costs within the assigned budgetary guidelines
- Facilitate proper interdepartmental communication and organization
- Manage stage, sound, and lighting crews
- Responsible for the technical Advance and Hospitality details for all shows/events
- Oversee maintenance of audio, lighting, backline, video systems advising on repairs when needed.
- Responsible for safe and consistent operation of all equipment.
- Advise on design of site audio / video & lighting systems (patio, restaurant, etc.)
- Maintain a detailed and thorough filing system of all “past show” files on a venue shared drive
- Maintain accurate vendor records, following Purchase Ordering Systems.
- Responsible for documenting and delivering disciplinary actions to production crew.
- Minimum 3 years prior management experience in an entertainment venue.
- 3 years minimum Tour and Stage Production experience.
- Experience in stage lighting, pro audio systems and video systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to make clear concise decisions; sometimes with limited information.
- Computer literate in Windows applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Able to work in a moderate to loud level or noise in work environment