Lincoln Electric Automation – The Company
Lincoln Electric Company, has been the industry leader for over 30 years in the robotic automation of welding, cutting, material removal, grinding, and press brake operations. We have provided industry solutions to the fabricators of construction, agricultural, mining, off-road, energy, and transportation equipment. Through the expertise of our personnel we develop numerous specialty products that increase productivity and maintain quality. The innovative designs and solutions we create are produced to meet or exceed our customer expectations.
Position Summary: This job involves supervision and direction of assembly personnel responsible for the integration of large, custom robotic welding and cutting systems through runoff and equipment teardown including: mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, electrical troubleshooting, system runoff, system packaging and system installation.
Job Scope: The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating and leading resource assignments, resource planning and department scheduling for completing multiple projects through various project phases. Must be a team leader and have the capability to encourage and develop subordinates’ skills and abilities. Must be able to communicate and lead safety, industry and company practices.
The Production Manager’s primary focus areas are directing the objectives of the Assembly Department, balancing the conflicting demands of customers, staff and vendors; maintaining high staff morale; identifying, reporting, and resolving internal problems; and providing information to the Operations Manager. Close relationships between the employees of Service, Engineering, Supply Management and Facilities must be developed and maintained. This position protects the best interests of Lincoln Electric Automation when dealing with outside individuals and organizations.
The Production Manager recommends hiring, disciplining and terminating employees; counsels employees; purchases equipment and services as approved by the Operations Manager; recommends assembly strategies to the Operations Manager; and assists in developing policies and procedures. However, the Production Manager may not purchase equipment not authorized by the Operations Manager; sign contracts or make major policy changes.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience leading a production environment
- Minimum 4 year’ experience in automation integration, mechanical/electrical assembly
- Proven ability to mentor and develop employees
- Ability to mentor and guide the integration planning and processes
- Strong understanding of industry safety requirements and practices
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints.
- Ability to use common hand tools and Digital Volt Meter.
- Ability to develop and document procedures.
- Computer literacy required in MS Office applications
- Good organizational skills required
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal; demonstrate leadership ability and should relate well to others.
- Associates’ Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with GMAW, robotic automation integration, field service, robotic arc welding programming, and PLC programming a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high level of safety within facility and assembly resources
- Develop and maintain the production schedule
- Lead and direct activities of assembly team
- Estimate assembly labor and schedule required to integrate system builds to completion.
- Develop, implement and maintain assembly department documentation, policies and procedures
- Train and mentor new Robotic Assembly Technicians and Customer Support Engineers.
- Facilitate coordination and documentation for training and development
- Facilitate resolution of difficult technical support problems for projects and customers.
- Perform normal supervisory/managerial functions in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Directs, motivates and develops subordinates to improve performance and capabilities.
- Conduct written performance evaluations of assigned employees using proper evaluation and documentation methods that result in goal setting for and with the assigned employee.
- Prepare for and attend regular operational meetings.
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate Material control resources and responsibilities
- Coordinate Electrical sub-assembly resources and responsibilities.
- Support Facility responsibilities
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to maintain a high level of safety.
- Behavioral skills required include: strong interpersonal skills, team oriented, hardworking, driven, ability to work independently with little supervision, ability to work well under pressure, willing to travel, and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability for team to assembly and test robotics welding and cutting systems on time and within budget.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and respect.
- Must be able to guide and mentor projects to closure.
- Willing to travel for occasional system installations and customer site visits
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: Work is a mix of standing, bending, squatting, lifting and walking and some long periods of sitting. There is frequent reaching, bending, pulling and lifting in relationship to components to be gathered and assembled. This individual must be able to occasionally lift 70 pounds and frequently lift 25 pounds. This position requires manual dexterity and visual acuity to utilize the assembly equipment and tools.
- Work environment: The noise level is usually moderate; temperatures in the assembly area may fluctuate with the seasons as the production area is not air conditioned.
- Annual performance appraisal.
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent.
Wage Rate: $80,080.00 - $148,720.00
Lincoln Electric Automation Inc., (Wolf Robotics), a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric Holdings Inc., has had over 8,400 installations, our team of automation professionals has implemented solutions for the toughest metal working projects around. We foster an environment that encourages our group of bright, talented, and skilled employees to design and develop new products. We are proud to offer our full time candidates a comprehensive benefit programs which include:
- Health Insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time