The Production Manager is a hands-on role responsible for a variety of day-to-day production tasks in order to make sure production output meets company goals and quality standards.
The Production Manager will report to the Chief Engineering Officer of the Company, with whom he or she will work closely.
- Ensuring that the Company's Production Facilities meet production goals in compliance with internal specifications as well as quality, GMP and Safety standards.
- Completing production within budget so as to meet profitability objectives.
- Supervising production and laboratory staff and recruiting additional staff as production grows.
- Ensuring specific quality goals are achieved.
- Handling administrative matters related to factory operations.
- Acting as an interface between management and operations people or factory workers.
- Ensuring GMP procedures and practices are implemented and observed.
- Assume on-site leadership of Production and the Company's Production Facility.
- Monitoring inventory levels and identifying what materials need ordering in order to meet production forecasts.
- Working with the Chief Engineer to develop strategic material sourcing agreements to ensure adequate supply of raw materials.
- Assisting with implementing new production processes for new products.
- Other tasks assigned from time to time.
Day to Day basis Duties:
- Manufacture of liquid batches according to production protocols.
- Packing and labeling finished liquid product according to customer order specifications.
- Operation of electro mechanical equipment.
- Moving raw materials and finished products to appropriate storage area(s).
- Ensuring equipment and production areas are clean according to relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Completion of batch documentation, in accordance to the of Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Preparing specimens and samples for QC testing.
- Ensuring the production area is clean, well-stocked and resourced.
- Following strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Completing production maintenance and equipment log forms.
- Assisting with the further development and maintenance of GMP documentation and procedures.
- Production Management or Supervisory experience
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical or food production (cGMP) environment.
- Soft Gel experience a plus but not needed