The Production Manager leads production department to efficiently manufacture budgeted amount of products while meeting safety, environmental, and quality objectives. Ensures practices are in alignment with company vision in the above areas.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Manage the plant's production function
- Ensure that the plant produces the required quantity of quality products.
- Direct the effective and efficient use of plant production equipment and people.
- Provide leadership to department employees by directing, coaching, supporting and delegating as the situation requires.
- Assist plant management in anticipating future needs of the plant including input into 3-year improvement plans.
- Develop and maintains a technically advanced and safety conscious team.
- Establishing and setting of annual department and personal objectives for self and all staff that are aligned with the plant and organization goals and objectives. Completion of mid-year and annual performance appraisals of department staff.
- Maintain working relationship with other departments, CIP and Regional Management to allow smooth plant operation.
- Additional major functions include: planning, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting, reporting of department's effectiveness, safeguarding assets, & environment compliance.
- Zero accidents and injuries
- Minimize environmental impact
- Maintains product quality to meet customer, market, and industry expectations.
- Meet or exceed production volumes budget
- Production costs equal or below budget
- Procurement and inventory tracking of raw materials and finished products
- Equipment performance and reliability exceeds budget
- Equipment shutdowns completed on-time and on-budget
- Highly motivated and effective workforce
- Positive work environment
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Work closely with maintenance, quarry, quality, process teams to provide leadership, guidance, and direction for plant operations to ensure alignment to plant and company goals. Partners with the marketing department to understand customer demand.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Science or Engineering
Required Work Experience: Minimum of 7 years of cement plant experience including exposure to all functional areas within a cement plant.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Computer skills with at least the following: Word, Excel, SAP
Travel Requirements: 10%